Pavement Marking Operations Route 28 (Main Street) from Salem Street to the Reading/North Reading town line
Temporary Overnight Lane Closures on Monday, July 26, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, July 27
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing that it will be conducting overnight pavement marking operations on Route 28 (Main Street) from Salem Street to the Reading/North Reading town line. The work will be conducted on Monday, July 26 during the overnight hours of 8:00 p.m. through 5:00 a.m.the following morning. A minimum of one travel lane in each direction will be maintained at all times. The temporary lane closures and occasional detours are necessary to allow the contractor to safely and effectively install roadway pavement markings.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Detour #1: Right on Salem Street, left on Pearl Street, Left on Franklin Street to Main Street.
- Detour #2: Right on Franklin Street, left on Haverhill Street, left on Chestnut Street, left on Park Street to Main Street.
- Detour #1: Left on Park Street, right on Chestnut Street, right on Haverhill Street, right on Franklin Street to Main Street.
- Detour #2: Right on Franklin Street, left on Grove Street, left on Lowell Street (Route 129) to Main Street.
Appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and messaging will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather-dependent and subject to change without notice.
This work is part of a $5.6 million Resurfacing and Improvement Project along a section of Route 28 (Main Street) in Reading.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.