ReImagining the Eastern Gateway (Walkers Brook Drive Area)
Reading, MA — The Town of Reading will be holding its 3rd Annual Economic Development Summit on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, from 6:30-9 pm at the Reading Public Library. The summit will include an opening presentation and community conversation about what might be possible in the areas around Walkers Brook Crossing, Bolton Street, Ash Street, Industrial Area behind Ash Street to the Wakefield Town Line.
The evening will focus on imagining what could be in Eastern Gateway priority development area, which was identified in the Reading Economic Development Action Plan (EDAP) 2016-2022.
The initiatives presented at the annual Economic Development Summit, including design work by Gamble Associates and corridor research on circulation patterns, are guided by the Reading Economic Development Action Plan (EDAP) 2016-2022.
Recommendations regarding future planning and economic development in the Eastern Gateway aim to:
- Adopt local policies and practices that will facilitate compact development and mixed-use in transit-accessible areas,
- Enhance walkability and connectivity within and between priority redevelopment areas,
- Build community and activate public spaces through cultural economic development and placemaking initiatives,
- Attract and retain existing local businesses,
- Brand and market Reading to attract new investment and customers,
- Promote public/private partnerships and collaboration to maximize redevelopment potential.
While this event is open to the public, please kindly RSVP to help staff prepare for the evening:
We are looking forward to reimaging what might be possible.