The Reading Board of Selectmen and Community Planning and Development Commission (CPDC) will hold a Zoning Charrette July 19th from 6:00-8:30 PM in the Great Room located at the Pleasant Street Senior Center. Downtown business owners, as well as downtown area property owners, are encouraged to share their input in order to advance housing production and economic development in the town of Reading.
The boards seek to gain a greater understanding of future visions for the town area. Specifically:
- The needs of residents and other stakeholders
- How best to align zoning to land use goals, including housing and economic development
- How rezoning or zoning can be drafted with the broadest support possible
The Charrette will focus on different zoning options for the following areas:
- The Business B Green Street neighborhood south of the Downtown Smart Growth District; and
- The Business B Main Street corridor from Haven Street to the railroad tracks.
The agenda for the Charrette will include the following:
- 6:00 – 6:45 PM: Refreshments, poster boards, familiarization with downtown zoning
- 6:45 – 7:15 PM: Presentation of feedback, zoning options, and process
- 7:15 – 8:30 PM: Q&A and roundtable discussions
Please RSVP by July 14th to Julie Mercier, Community Development Director: or 781-942-6648.