The Board of Selectmen will hold a public meeting tonight, Tuesday, July 12 at 7:00 PM, in the Selectmen’s Meeting Room located at Reading Town Hall.
Topics for discussion at tonight’s meeting include:
Selectmen will be voting to close the Warrant for September 8, 2016 to set the ballot for the State Primary. The election will be held at Reading Memorial High School in the Hawkes Field House on Thursday September 8, 2016. Registered voters will have the opportunity to cast their ballots for the following:
- Representative in Congress – Sixth District
- Councillor – Sixth District
- Senator in General Court – Fifth Middlesex District
- Representative in General Court – Twentieth and Thirtieth Middlesex District
- Sheriff – Middlesex County
The board will review the Reading 2020 working groups and their goals. Five groups were formed to develop a vision of Reading’s future in the coming years. These five working groups consist of:
- Financial Sustainability
- Operational Efficiency
- Long Term Planning
The board will also discuss the general financial overview of the town.