The Community Planning and Development Commission will be hosting a Public Hearing during its meeting on Monday, July 11th. This hearing is to listen to public comment regarding a series of proposed Zoning Bylaw amendments that may be presented to Town Meeting this fall. The hearing will a part of the Commission’s regular meeting and will be in the Selectmen’s Meeting Room at Reading Town Hall starting around 8:30pm.
The following amendments are being proposed for the November 2016 Town Meeting:
- Revisions to the thresholds of Section 4.6 Site Plan Review;
- The addition of ‘Pet Grooming’ as a by-right use in Section 5.3.1 Table of Uses for Business and Industrial Districts, with a definition in Section 2.0 Definitions;
- The addition of ‘Parking/Garaging of more than 1 Commercial Vehicle’ as a use allowed by special permit in the Table of Accessory Uses for Residential Districts;
- The addition of ‘Special Home Occupation’ as a use allowed by special permit in the Table of Accessory Uses for Residential Districts, with the addition of Section 5.6.7 Special Home Occupation outlining parameters for approval;
- Revisions to Section 5.5 Accessory Buildings or Structures;
- Minor revisions to Section 4.3 Community Planning and Development Commission, Section 220.127.116.11(b) Accessory Apartment, and Section 6.2.1 Lot Shape.
Complete drafts of the proposed amendments are available to the public in the Public Services Office in Town Hall, Monday–Thursday from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Tuesdays from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, and on the Town’s website on the Community Planning and Development Commission page. The meeting will air live on RCTV channel 22 (Comcast) or 33 (Verizon).